3 Undeniable Reasons SEO Is Worth The Time & Money For Your B2B Business

June 27, 2019

SEO provides one of the highest ROI for businesses, with conversion rates 10 times higher from search than social on desktops and 15 times higher on smart phones. But in order to yield these results it takes time.  Any good marketing agency should advise you that SEO is not a quick win, but that if you put in the time and money you will see the results.

It can be hard to trust the work you’re doing is paying off when you haven’t seen any results after the first few month. At this point it can be extremely tempting to reinvest all of your budget in quick fixes alone, such as Pay Per Click (PPC).  Whilst the top 3 paid ad spots get 41% of the clicks on the page, what about the other 59%. With many people still avoiding clicking on ads, now is not the time to put all of your eggs in one basket. So hang on in there because there’s some huge reasons as to why you know SEO is worth the investment.

Starting point

According to the Search Engine Journal, 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine. Somewhere within this 93% are your potential customers, and the search engines are the place they are looking. If you are not there, ready for them to find you, you will surely lose their custom to a competitor. You know the saying – ‘you’ve got to be in it to win it’.

Page one results

Having said that, being ranked by Google is no good if you’re 5 pages into the search results for your desired keyword. Why? Because 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results. So, you need to be ranking on the first page of Google’s search results.

In order to rank on page one, your site needs be continuously optimised so that Google sees your site as the most relevant for the keywords associated with your business.

Organic vs Paid

Whilst paid search might gain you some quick sales in the short term, if used alone, it cannot compare to SEO in the long term – and you’ll be sorry you didn’t start earlier when you realise that:

  • 70% of the links search users click on are organic
  • 70-80% of users ignore the paid ads and only focus on the organic results

The truth is, for maximum benefit to your business you need to be doing PPC and SEO in tandem.

Trust in the power of SEO and talk to the experts about the services available at LWS Marketing on 01903 790100 or via info@lwsmarketing.co.uk